Lublin (Lubelskie) province is in eastern Poland, the Voivodeship shares an international border with neighbouring countries Ukraine and Belarus. Internally four Polish provinces Podlaskie, Mozowieckie, Świętokrzyskie and Podkarpackie sit beside this Voivodeship. The capital of the region is Lublin with a population of nearly 350,000 people. The Lubelskie province covers an area of over 25,100 sq. km.
The Lublin Voivodeship region has many historical and natural sites for any visitor to Poland. The city of Lublin has an inspiring old town square, churches and castles to explore. The city of Chelm has exciting chalk tunnels that run underneath the city waiting to be explored, while Zoom Natury is a huge recreation park set up on the shore of Janowski Reservoir.
Getting to Lublin Voivodeship
Lublin Airport is an airport in Poland serving Lublin and the surrounding region. The airport is about 10 km (6.2 miles) east of central Lublin, near the town of Świdnik. In total, there are 9 airports around the world that have direct flights to Lublin, from different 6 countries. Airlines flying to Lublin include Ryanair and Wizz Air. You can pick up a rental car at Rzeszow Airport to explore Podkarpacie.
Flixbus has the best options if you’re travelling around Poland by bus. Polish rail has connections to Lublin. The city of Lublin is a hub for trains connecting major Polish cities with the eastern countries such as Warsaw to Kyiv. From Lublin, you can catch a train directly to Polish cities like Cracow, Warsaw, Kielce or Zamosc. Search train tickets to Lublin with Omio. By car, the s19 Autostrada runs from North to South and passes by Lublin. From Warsaw, the s17 runs to Lublin and the Ukraine border.
Distances from Lublin to other Polish cities by road
- Krakow – 346 kilometres
- Wroclaw – 576 kilometres
- Warsaw – 175 kilometres
- Poznan – 480 kilometres
- Gdansk – 585 kilometres
- Bialystok – 325 kilometres
- Planning the perfect weekend in LublinIf you’re looking for a weekend getaway that’s off the beaten path, consider a trip to Lublin, Poland. This charming city in southeastern Poland has a rich history and a vibrant cultural scene, making it the perfect destination for travellers who want to explore a new place and immerse themselves in local culture. In this … Read more
- 10 best cities in Poland to visitPoland may not be on top of many people’s bucket lists as a top European destination but it should be. The best cities in Poland to visit stretch from the Tatra Mountains in the south to the waters of the Baltic Sea in the north. From a country that suffered deeply in WW2 to a … Read more
- 5 unbelievable Lublin legendsThere’s a lot of history, often weird and dark, surrounding the capital of the Lubelszczyzna voivodship, Lublin. Still quite underappreciated touristically, this region is home to many magical tales and legends, some of them causing laughter but more often sending chills down the spine. Lublin Legends are guaranteed to delight, inspire and terrify all in … Read more
- 15 reasons to visit Poland right nowOne place that is not completely on the tourist radar is Poland, but it is fast becoming a brilliant place for a European vacation. Poland has it all from food to traditions, there are so many things to do in this amazing European country, Poland will have you visiting time and again. But exactly why … Read more